chapel – Catholic and Protestant
Corfu is the Italian version of the name of this island. The Greek version is Kerkyra. It is the second largest island in the Ionian group of islands. Compared to other Ionian ones, it is located to the north of everything. Corfu in the northeast borders with Albania, from which it is separated by the Kerkyra Strait. The northern part of the island is covered with chalk mountains less than a thousand meters high, it is more fertile and picturesque in contrast to the south of the island, covered with hills. The main city of the island also has a double name: official – Corfu, popularly – Kerkyra.
In the Greek epic, the island was glorified as a meeting place for Odysseus and Queen Nausikai – this happened in Paleokastritsa Bay. Continue reading
Hamburg is the second largest city in Germany, located in the north of the country, at the confluence of the Elbe River in the North Sea. The settlement, which subsequently gave rise to the city of Hamburg itself, arose in this place in the VIII century. Around 950, the fortress of Hammaburg was built by Emperor Charles the Great. On May 7, 1189, Emperor Frederick I Barbarossa granted significant trading privileges to Hamburg. This circumstance played a large role in the development of the port of Hamburg, and now this day is celebrated in Hamburg as the “birthday of the port.” Continue reading
Balatonboglar is a cozy town that adorns the southern shore of Lake Balaton with resort opportunities. The distance from the capital of Budapest by only 150 kilometers stimulates the natural interest of tourists with the full transport accessibility of this village.
Mentioned for the first time by ancient chroniclers in 1211, Balatonboglar made his name sound before the Turkish invasion, reaching heights in viticulture and the inevitably concomitant of this craft of winemaking. And in the resort direction, the town began to develop at the turn of the century – an idealistically romantic nineteenth and unpredictably stormy twentieth. Continue reading